1. Henry Hawgood * was born in 1762/63.
(1) from Burial He was born about 1780. estimate from marriage
He was a farmer in 1831 in Spitland, Dale, Pembrokeshire.
(2) D/RTP/LP 18 of 1 Apr 1809 at Pembs. RO leases The Balls; parties
Hawgood, Phillips; D/RTP/LP of 4 Mar 1817 also refers to Mathias and The Balls
(35 acres); 1831 Pembrokeshire Poll books as lessee of "Spitting";
He was buried in 1832/33 in Dale, Pembrokeshire.
(1) age 70; date omitted from burial register He signed a will on
26 Sep 1832 in St. Davids Episcopal Consistory Court.
(3) mentions wife Mary, sons William & Thomas, 2nd son John, dau
Mary, lessor A J
Phillips Justice of the Peace. He died before 1835.
(2) Mary Hawgood as widow leases land on 16 April 1834 He has reference
number 1433 wls. "Spitting" is also known as "Spittling",
He was married to Mary Morris on 15 Dec 1806 in St Leonard,
Shoreditch, London.(4) from IGI and pr,
probably them; saw original pr, no extra information -
bachelor and spinster of this parish, witnesses George Limming and Elizabeth
Smith are witnesses for many other marriages in this parish
Mary Morris was born in 1785/86 in Marloes, Pembrokeshire. from 1851
census She appeared on the census in 1841 in Spittling, Dale, Pembrokeshire.
(5) as Mary Wilcox, with David She appeared
on the census in 1851 in Spittling, Dale, Pembrokeshire.
(6) REL wife COND m AGE 65 PROF farmer's wife BORN Marloes, Pembrokeshire
She has reference number 1435. The "Morris" surname is known from
family records in USA, and from IGI entries
of christenings of children Henry Hawgood * and Mary Morris had the following
John Hawgood was born in 1812. He was christened on 7 Jun 1812 in Dale,
Pembroke, Wales.(1) in pr as John, son
of Henry Hawgood by Mary Morris, his wife; in IGI as "John
HENRY" son of Henry Hawgood and Anne Morris He was a farmer in 1834 in
Dale, Pembs..(2) D/RTP/LP 35 at Pembs
RO dated 16 April 1834 is lease of The Balls, Dale, to
John Hawgood and Mary Hawgood, widow He has reference number 1331.